Saturday, September 22, 2007

A New poem by D-day Dean

A Dying Soul

I'm dying, I'm dying -

My soul is slowly dying.

You sit in the garage and beckon to me

“Can you come out and play?”

“I cannot,” I say “She has other plans for me today.”

I yearn to ride, to live and be free

But today that is not to be.

I hear your friends roar by – free in the wind

That’s how we were meant to be.

I can't explain how I feel

She just doesn't understand.

Together forever, one with the road

Exploring our great land.

For now, I live for the time that we steal

Exploring the country roads together.

The soul of a biker should never be caged

Running wild with my machine forever.

I'm dying, I'm dying -

My soul is slowly…..

-Written by Dean "D-Day"


Visit D-Day's blog, Musings of a Contemplative Biker

No comments: